Grilled Veggies with Quinoa
A medley of summer vegetables cooked on a stovetop grill pan, placed on a bed of quinoa.
- 2 cups quinoa, soaked for 1 hour and rinsed 1 1/2 TBsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large tomato, cut in half
- 1/2 # kale, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise 1 large avocado, halved
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme
- A bed of fresh mixed greens
- 3/4 cup black or kalamata olives toasted walnuts
- Place quinoa in a lg. saucepan and cover with lightly salted water. Cook for 15 minutes or until dry and fluffy. Remove to a large bowl and cool.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, and saute the shallots, garlic and red pepper until soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, transfer to the quinoa and mix well.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium
- Place the veggies on a baking sheet and brush well with oil. Grill the veggies about 5-7 minutes. Place the grilled veggies on a cutting board, add thyme and chop.