Paleo Hot Cocoa Cookies
Doing the paleo diet? Great job! If you’re looking for a little reward, give these cookies a try. You don’t even have to cheat.
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 3/4 c. dairy-free chocolate chips, divided 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 4 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 c. almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. toasted pecans, finely chopped
- Combine coconut oil and 1/4 c. chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl; melt on low 30 secs, stir to combine. Add flax meal, water, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, almond flour, baking soda and salt; stir well. Refrigerate 30 min.
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Form the dough into about 24 balls and drop cookie dough balls 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet. Gently flatten.
- Bake for 9-10 min. Cook the cookies on the pan.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 c. chocolate chips in a microwave- safe bowl(on low.. do not burn). did the edges of the cookies in melted chocolate, then chopped pecans.